Double Chocolate Brownies
(raw, vegan, gluten & dairy free)
A perfect treat for any occasion (not you need an occasion to eat chocolate ;-) these raw vegan double chocolate brownies are not only yummy but will also fill your body with goodness of superfoods such as raw cacao, carob and coconut oil.
Opposite to highly processed conventional chocolate that offers you nothing more than excess sugar and fat, raw chocolate is a true powerhouse of health. It is packed with nutrients, vitamins, microelements and is a great energy and mood booster.
Ingredients (use organic if possible):
For the brownies:
1 cup raw cashew nuts
1 cup walnuts, oven toasted for 10-15 minutes at 150 C/ 300 F
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup raw carob powder
¼ cup raw cacao nibs (optional)
1 cup Medjool dates, pitted & softened for 5 minutes in hot water if firm
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon sea salt
For the carob ganache drizzle
3 tablespoons raw coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons raw carob powder
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
¼ cup raw agave/honey/maple syrup (at room temperature)
Pinch sea salt
1. Add walnuts to the food processor and process till roughly chopped. Set aside.
2. Add cashew nuts to the food processor and process till finely chopped.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients (except for walnuts) to the food processor and pulse until well combined. Do not over process. You might need to stop a couple of times and scrape the sides of the food processor.
4. Put the dough into a large bowl, add the walnuts and mix until well combined.
5. Pat the down into 18 cm x 18 cm pan. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
6. Prior to serving, blend all ingredients for carob ganache in a blender or a food processor till smooth and glossy.
7. Immediately pour the ganache over brownies and chill for 1 hour in the fridge until set. Dust with cacao powder if desired.
8. Cut brownies into squares prior to serving and drizzle with warm ganache sauce.
TIP: if ganache sauce starts to solidify, gently warm it in a glass or metal bowl over a pan with boiling water.
Enjoy this healthy and yummy recipe! And because chocolate always tastes better in good company share this recipe with your friends, family and colleagues.
Love what you read? Join my Inner Wellness Circle to receive wellness inspiration, exclusive recipes and updates straight into your inbox. It is totally free!